Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Countdown to Election Night

The final days leading up to the election were busy for LCV#2!  I traveled to Toledo, Canton, Cincinnati, and West Chester, Ohio to cover House Republican leader Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) as he headed into election night.  The stop in Toledo proved brief as the campaign stop for republican candidate Rich Iott, once opened to the media, was suddenly closed to cameras.  I proceeded to Ohio’s 16th district in Canton to cover Rep. Boehner campaigning at a rally for republican candidate Jim Renacci.  Congressman Boehner arrived in a greyhound bus and greeted the crowd gathered in a parking lot near Renacci’s headquarters.  There, I interviewed rally attendees about their thoughts on his leadership abilities.  I prepared the piece for air in my Canton hotel room and then proceeded to Cincinnati the next day. Finally, Election Day!  In West Chester, Rep. Boehner cast his vote.  I captured Rep. Boehner and the intense media coverage surrounding his activity.  You can view all of the video on our website!
I am back in Indiana, fully rested and ready for the next LCV#2 adventure!
--Debbie Lamb